Monday, December 1, 2014

Last month of 2014 - WHAAAA!?!?

December is here and holy smokes, where did the time go? It seems like it was just Valentine's day yesterday and I was complaining to anyone who would listen about being forever alone... but I digress :P

Anyways, it is December 1st today, and that means we just finished the month of November, which itself means PiBoIdMo has come to a close. How'd I do? I made it!

The month started off great and by the end of the first week, I had I think 15 titles/names jotted down in my sketch book for different ideas. But as the month went by, I filled out those ideas with sketches and the ideas seemed to come slower. Then by the 28th, my well seemed to had run dry.

But then the next day, on the 29th, I was hit with three ideas. So yesterday I sketched out the last one I wrote down and now my new sketch book, purchased specifically for PiBoIdMo, is over halfway full with 32 sketches of different ideas I came up with. My goal is to finish out the rest of the sketch book and have a total of 60 ideas by the end of the year.

As I stated before, when I wrote about Picture Book Idea Month, some of the ideas aren't great. As a matter of fact, they're kinda silly and I don't know if I'll ever develop them very much. But there are a couple I really, really like and I'm going to work on them a little bit more, build up the world around them and see what I get. What I like about them also, is that a couple of them are actual picture book ideas, which is what the month was about. But a couple I think are awesome ideas for a graphic novels. So I'm excited to see where they take me.

Next up, hopefully is 12 x 12, which I've only recently found out about and I'm hoping it happens again next year. It's where you develop twelve rough drafts, one rough draft for each month of the year (I think). If it happens next year, I want to take part in it.

Well that's it for now, just wanted to give a little update. I'm going to try and update this blog a bit more, so we'll see what happens. Thanks for reading.

Be Awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment