Monday, June 8, 2015

There is no try.

Getting close to finishing my pitch for my next project. Still a long ways to go, as I will be submitting to comic publishers and agents, but if all else fails, and no one bites, I'll be publishing it myself, because I really believe in this project.

If I do end up self-publishing it, I'll talk about it more, but for now I'll just tell you it's an all-ages, space adventure with an 11 year old little girl as the hero of  the story. It's awesome! :)

As I'm working on it, I've been listening to podcasts, as I usually do, and I thought I'd link to a couple specific podcast episodes, because the guest on them, just tell it like it is. Making comics can be grueling and is a long process. You've got to cut out all the things that are necessary and focus on the comic. 

One was on Paper Wings podcasts, and one is Comics Are Great podcast, where in both instances, the guests say basically, "Hey, focus! You can't say you wanna makes comics and then go off and play video games or watch the newest episodes of tv shows that are on. You've got to focus."

So that's what I'm doing.

Focusing. Do or do not. There is no try.

With that being said, he's that part of Star Wars, where Yoda deals out that invaluable advice.

See ya in the funny pages!


No comments:

Post a Comment