Monday, May 4, 2015

Free Comic Book Day 2015

This year's Free Comic Book Day was pretty awesome.

I didn't sell a ton of comics, but for the most part it was super fun and successful in a different way. I drew some sketches for some kids, sold a couple paintings, and most importantly, just got the word out there, not only about Urban Myth Investigators, but myself as a independent cartoonist.

I didn't get a chance to take a lot of pictures, and hardly any of my sketches, but below are some pics of the event.
Here's my little table. :)





















These are two carnival games I painted. You could play games and win prizes, by tossing bean bags through the holes, or knocking off the little figures, and the proceeds go to the Palm Springs Comic-Con people. They are trying to bring a comic convention out here to the desert!








And below is one of the caricatures I did. Then we have a bunch of the cosplay. Harley Quin was really popular this year!




Alrighty, that's it for now. Gotta get back to the ol' drawing desk. These comics ain't gonna draw themselves!


See ya in the funny pages!

No comments:

Post a Comment