Friday, September 18, 2015

Long Beach Comic Con

I was meaning to post this earlier in the week, but coming back from the convention things got hectic. But now I can finally write a little about my time at the Long Beach Comic Con. It was great.

 
Here's my table on Saturday, Day 1.


 
Day 2, I changed it up a little

All in all, this convention went great. As I keep telling myself, slowly but surely, I keep trying to build an audience. My first goal for conventions is to try to cover the expense for the show itself, which means table fees, transportation, and any hotel costs. While I've yet to cover the costs of a convention, this was the best convention I've done so far, and I made nearly half the money back. Some people might think that's not worth it, but that's coming a long ways from the first convention I ever tabled at, where I think I sold 3 comic books. 

Another great discovery at this convention was that I brought out my wrestling artwork to some good reception. As it says in some of my social media profiles, I'm a pro-wrestling fan, so I thought I'd put out the artwork and see what happens. I've heard before, and always thought, that there was a good crossover audience out there of wrestling fans and comic books fans, and it's true. The artwork caught eyes and people came over and checked it out. I was doing my "5 Dollar Doodles" and I was able to do a number of those commissions for some pro-wrestling fans. And even if they didn't want any artwork, it was cool to chat with other wrestling fans out there! For my next show I'll definitely be doing my 5 Dollar Doodles again, I think I might do them in watercolor. But I'm going to work on some prints of a few things, as those seem to be better sellers.

Speaking of my next show, I was hoping to make it to Comikaze in October, but it doesn't look like that will be happening. So, my next show will most likely be the Long Beach Comic Expo in February. 

Thanks to everyone who stopped by, got a copy of Urban Myth Investigators or just talked wrestling. 

Here some pictures I took of some great cosplayers at the con.







Alrighty, that's it for now. I'm working on finishing up the color in Urban Myth Investigators and also working on a new prose book. Any Dieselpunk fans out there?

See ya in the funny pages!






No comments:

Post a Comment